I choose my clients carefully because I want to spend my time in support of those who support others. Doing good and doing well don’t have to be mutually exclusive. Here are just a few of my clients and how I’ve helped them.
Helping Those Who Do Good Do Well
I hand-pick every client because I want to support those who support others. Because I believe doing good and doing well don’t have to be mutually exclusive. If you’re out there helping people, I want to help you. Here are just a few of my clients.
Bak USA, a social enterprise that makes purpose-built mobile computers in Buffalo, NY, was a freelance client between April 2017 and September 2017. Owned and operated on the city’s East Side, Bak USA is creating a new industry standard where socially conscious, culturally inclusive, and locally owned business operations are cornerstones of success. As the freelance writer, I wrote and edited marketing collateral such as newsletters, media releases, email pitches, blog posts, and social content. I also edited ISO documentation and wrote video scripts and policy documents.
In September 2017, Bak USA did me the honor of hiring me as a full-time content creator on their marketing team. Here are the posts I’ve written or co-written for Bak USA’s blog, both as a freelance writer and a full-time employee:
- Bak USA launches new 2-in-1 laptop, enters Microsoft Stores across North America
- Write right: How English teachers can use edtech in their classrooms
- Bak USA, business ethics, and what it means to be human
- Bak USA launches new rugged tablet
- Boosting productivity and expanding capabilities: How the Seal tablet and Esri ArcGIS apps dominate the workday
- Atlas & Esri’s ArcGIS Online: Helping students understand the world around them
- Free STEAM sites for kids, campers and summer learning
- Bak USA, Independence Day, and the promise of American ingenuity
- Separating the weak from the well-made: A Seal case study
- It’s Bak to School for another year of learning
- Bak USA, Labor Day, and working with purpose
- Getting social with the Bak Pack
- How we helped an environmental scientist dominate the forecast
- Going beyond grades: Developing social and emotional skills in students
czb is an award-winning urban planning and revitalization firm in Alexandria, VA with a unique, data-driven approach to helping its clients. Unlike other firms across the country, czb does not produce plans. Instead, czb helps cities and regions develop decision-making skills that reflect their values, principles, and priorities. This empowers their clients to successfully navigate unpredictable market and political landscapes.
In late summer 2016, czb enjoyed a growth spurt. To clarify the firm’s brand identity, I wrote new vision, position, and beliefs statements. By early summer 2017, czb found itself in need of a new website. I was commissioned to migrate the firm’s site from Drupal to WordPress and give it a fresh design. The new website is expected to launch in December 2017.
Audubon Community Nature Center is a not-for-profit in Jamestown, NY. To oversee implementation of its new master plan, its Board of Directors appointed a Strategic Management Steering Committee (SMSC).
Beginning in late 2015, I served as a consultant to the branding sub-committee. I facilitated the sub-committee’s work over the course of nine months. Together, we created a new name. We wrote new mission, vision, and values statements and crafted a new tagline. We also worked with two designers to create a new logo, color palette, and website. I wrote a new, flexible brand book.
The new brand launched in September 2016.
Ready to schedule a call, request a quote or writing samples, or set up a meeting?